he holiday season is upon us, and there’s no better time to start hunting for the perfect gifts for your friends and family.
Bali Bistro has prepared a simple yet effective way of gathering loved ones together and it naturally involves food.
A yellow rice mountain surrounded by various Indonesian delicacies goes under the name of Nasi Tumpeng. It is one of the oldest traditional dishes in Indonesia.
A dish to impress
Nasi Tumpeng is usually prepared and consumed during a traditional ceremony called selametan, which takes place before every special occasion, such as weddings, birthdays, the blessing of a new office or any other important date.
Selametan traditionally expresses gratitude to God and to all the family members who have created such harmony and good luck.
Nasi Tumpeng served on bamboo woven crock called tampah and a banana leaf as the base. The cone-shaped rice mimics the mountains and volcanoes. The yellow color of the rice symbolizes wealth and virtue while the accompanying variety of Indonesian dishes represents the abundance that nature provides.
Getting a gift card pays off!
Bali Bistro offers 3 sizes of Nasi Tumpeng set that you can choose from according to the size of your party.
Ideal for four people
Original price RMB818
Gift card price RMB688
Ideal for 8 people
Original price RMB1438
Gift card price RMB1088
Ideal for 12 people
Original price RMB 1828
Gift card price RMB 1388
Every set of Nasi Tumpeng includes
- Nasi Kuning yellow rice
- Bakwan Jagung corn fritters
- Ayam Goreng fried chicken
- Beef Rendang slow-cooked beef stew
- Balado Telor fried boiled egg with tomato chili sauce
- Tumis Buncis sauteed green beans
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- Indonesian Tea
- Fresh Fruit
How to order the Nasi Tumpeng gift card?
Reach out to Bali Bistro in one of the ways below.
Email: [email protected]
Phone : +86 21 62885778
Wechat ID: kasih_k
But that isn’t the end!
Bali Bistro is giving away a medium Nasi Tumpeng to be enjoyed by Shanghaiist readers!
How to win a medium Nasi Tumpeng?
- Follow BALI BISTRO official Wechat account by scanning the QR code below
- Repost this article to your Wechat moments and write down what do you love most about Indonesia
- Take a screenshot and send it to the Bali Bistro official Wechat account along with your name, phone number and email address before December 16th, 2019, noon.
- Bali Bistro will directly contact the winner on December 17th, 2019, 19:00.